The Scrambler Applet License
License Version 1.0
- In order to use the Scrambler Applet, which is protected under international copyright law as a work of Timothy W Macinta, you must adhere to all the terms and conditions of this license. If you do not agree to be bound by this license you may not use the Scrambler Applet. The only exception is if you have obtained written permission from Timothy W Macinta to use it under a different license.
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- If any of the conditions of this license are determined by a court of law to be invalid or unenforcible within a jurisdiction, the invalid and unenforcible conditions will be considered removed from this agreement and the remaining conditions will constitute the required license agreement.
- You agree to be bound by future versions of this license, which will be made available at http://www.twmacinta.com/scrambler/license.php, upon notification of an updated license. If, upon receiving notification of a change in license, you do not agree with the new terms, you must discontinue use of the Scrambler Applet.
- You agree to not decompile the Scrambler Applet.
- You agree to not alter the Java binaries (class files) of the Scrambler applet.
- You are not allowed to use the scrambler applet for any purpose which infringes upon the law within your jurisdiction or within the jurisdiction of the United States. For instance, you may not use in conjunction with the Scrambler Applet any images that you do not own the rights to or have permission from the owner to use.
- You must provide the following link directly adjacent to the applet. The link may not be obscured and must be readable (an example of unacceptably obscuring the link would be to present it in a hard to read font color or font size). The link must also be fully functional. As this is a link to the file "about-sc.htm" which is distributed with the Scrambler applet download, this means that the "about-sc.htm" file is required to be present. The link is:<a href="about-sc.htm">About the Scrambler Applet (Copyright 1997-2000 by Timothy W Macinta)</a>
- You must not alter the "about-sc.htm" page obtained from the Scrambler Applet distribution.
- You may change the image and other documented applet parameters (from within the HTML page).
- Failure to comply with any of these restrictions causes you to permanently lose your right to redistribute the Scrambler Applet under this license and under any future versions of this license.
Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
All Pages, Images, and Other Content Copyright © 1997 - 2018 Timothy W Macinta , except where noted. All Rights Reserved. The "Tim Macinta Now" button may be used on web pages that are external to this site to provide a link back to this page. For usage guidelines on KMFMS artwork please see http://www.kmfms.com/usage-guide.html.